mardahin: (Beatings - Word-count)
[personal profile] mardahin
Officially on Hiatus

Author's Note: I'm back in school (again), hopefully for my last major credential. It's going to be a while until I'm back up and running over here, so I figured I'd put up an official note and explain why I'm more or less radio-silent. Nothing on the list is abandoned, as stated below, but it is suspended for likely the next couple of years. I'll try to do [livejournal.com profile] 14valentines, but no promises until I see how my fall is shaping up. After that, I'll sit down and reassess. Just not in a situation where I can put in the effort that fandom tends to demand, right now.


Herein is a list of all of the projects on my various assortment of back burners, and (if applicable) how many parts are projected to remain. Short blurbs, and occasionally links to relevant posted bits, are included for ease of navigation. If there's something you know I've mentioned and you don't see it here, feel free to drop me a note and I'll double-check the discrepancy.

As a general rule, I don't abandon fics to the abyss. Due to the way my brain works, I'm damn near incapable of doing so. As a result, while it may occasionally be a few months years between updates, don't think that I've dropped a project and walked away completely. If it's on here, it will eventually be written/posted. With the exception of the short-list at the bottom of this entry, where a fic falls on the general list is absolutely no indication of when it will be written/updated/posted. The overall list is alphabetical by fandom, not writing priority.

Updated: 26 May, 2010

The To Do List (Alphabetical by Fandom)

  1. CSI: Miami

    • Dark!Horatio - Horatio/Speed
      After his brother's death, Horatio began down a carefully calculated path of self-destruction. Everything was going fine, until it all fell apart.

  2. Dollhouse

    • Untitled - DeWitt/Dominic; Background Pairings
      Compromise can be a strange and wondrous thing. The second time Mr. Dominic got out of the Attic, he had no intentions of going quietly into the night. Neither did Adelle, as it turned out.

  3. Merlin

    • Untitled - Merlin/Arthur; Methos/Duncan.
      They were immortal, but not like any immortals that Methos had ever seen.

  4. Murder Call

    • Untitled - Tessa/Steve
      When asked, after the fact, Tessa would claim complete and utter innocence. She'd answered the question honestly, it was Steve's mother who had jumped to conclusions.

  5. Narnia

    • Smudging the Lines of Destiny - Susan/Caspian
      TEASER.
      A piece exploring the nature of the barriers between Narnia and Earth, both their strange fragility and their surprising resilience.

  6. Roswell

    • Untitled - NaNo2009
      Kyle Valenti/Emmett Cullen, Maria/Michael, Liz/Max. 5 Years after Grad.

  7. RPS

    • J2 - [livejournal.com profile] angstbunny's Bunny (20,000 word minimum). The BC Common-Law Marriage Fic.

    • Intimacy - Swim!Slash, MP/RL

  8. Stargate: Atlantis

    • Bridges

      • John Smith, PhD -Sequel to John Smith, ABD.

      • Scenes from a Tokyo Romance - Miko/Cushman (OMC)
        It started out a convenience, and through a series of miscommunications and embarrassing situations, it became something more. Known scenes: Meeting Miko's Mom, the Genetics Discussion

      • Untitled
        A short scene set before the agriculture has started producing regular food supplies on AC-103, dealing with the fact that food isn't always plentiful in Pegasus. Ladon can tell with a single glance at her face if the trades have been good or not. She is the first to show the signs of hunger, and the last to complain.

    • Non-Universe-Specific

      • Bitter Tears - Teyla/Ronon
        The sequel to Tears Unshed. A group of Athosian refugees are discovered living on a seldom-visited trade world, and Teyla's world falls apart.

      • Ignorance Is Bliss - 1-2 Parts Remain - Crossover
        The Stargate_Leap piece from way back in the day. While technically complete as it is, I'd kind of like to write the second half of Sam's endeavour.

      • In the Ranks of Death You Will Find Him - Possible Sheppard/Weir
        Sequel to Gone for a Soldier, which was originally published under the penname [livejournal.com profile] chaya_rules. Major Symmons, bored with the routine of the Academy, accepts a transfer to Atlantis, never realizing just who is already stationed there.

  9. Stargate SG-1

    • Nobody's Girl - Cameron Mitchell/Vala Mal Doran
      TEASER.
      It begins with "Bounty", and more or less traipses along after canon (which is now closed, and thus this has a prayer of actually being written). An exploration of a relationship that was never meant to be more than platonic, between two people pragmatic enough to take what they're given and make the best of it.

  10. Star Wars

    • Untitled - Myn Donos/Kirney Slane
      In the vastness of space, things fall through the cracks. Miscommunication occurs. Lives can be changed for want of a word, a single piece of code.

  11. Torchwood

    • John's Genes - Stargate Atlantis/Torchwood
      John got his genes from his father, and his looks from his "mother"...

    • Untitled - Gwen/Owen Fix-It, Post S2. Possibly for TARDIS BigBang
      If the Cooper-Williams marriage was to succeed, the whole world would pay the price.

  12. True Blood

    • Untitled - AU. Bill/Sookie. Jess/(Friend-of-Jason's).
      Bill got the coffin, and Eric got Jess. No one ended up happy with the situation.

  13. Were the World Mine

    • Semantics Series

      1. Still Not Boyfriends - Cooper/Cole

      2. Untitled - Tim/Jon (Counterpoint to "SNB")

  14. Multi-Fandom Serials

    • The Dead Wives Club

    • Gift-Fics
      The Plots have been Veiled to Protect the Surprise

    • Safe Haven AKA Dr. Kate Heightmeyer, Demon Hunter - Kate/Brendan (OMC), Crossover (follows Healed, But Never Whole)TEASER. A series of snapshots, as opposed to a single cohesive fic, loosely affiliated with the Bridges Universe.

      • After quitting the SGC and an impromptu move to California, Kate picks up work at a bar on the edge of town as a way of distracting herself from the rest of her life. The hours are flexible, the pay is reasonable, and it's a great way to people-watch and offer advice since she's only doing psych consult work for AE vets. One day, a pair of brothers stop in at her bar, and all Hell breaks loose...




    Anything I'm missing?

Date: 2008-04-05 09:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] slythhearted.livejournal.com
Wheeee! So many fabulous fics planned.

Date: 2008-04-05 09:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
I'm touched by the enthusiasm, but you should probably wait until they're, you know, done to call them fabulous. They could turn out to be horrific, OOC disasters, eh?

Date: 2008-04-06 04:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] divas-lament.livejournal.com
Ooh. You've got two Chloe/Oliver fics in the works? Awesome! I've heard about the first one, but the second one sounds really interesting as well. My offer still stands if you need someone to brainstorm with! Can't wait to read them!

Date: 2008-04-06 07:31 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
Hee! I have no idea if I'll be any good at writing them, but I think it'll be worth trying.

I'll email you some of my tentative thoughts in the next week or two, and you can tell me what you think about them. It's the one that's looking to be much longer, and involve the actual building of a functional relationship, among other things ^_~

Date: 2008-04-06 10:00 pm (UTC)
ext_2180: laurel leaf (a for atlantis // sga)
From: [identity profile] loriel-eris.livejournal.com
You know this list makes me utterly gleeful, right? *g* Memoirs and Ripples verse. And, most squee-worthy? More 'Gone for a Soldier'! Outside POV rocks my very soul! *g*

Date: 2008-04-08 03:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] scififreak.livejournal.com
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY GWEN/TOSH!!!!!

Date: 2008-04-09 11:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] khyrra.livejournal.com
Yay! While I realize that RL takes precedence over fic writing, and that I must remain patient and calm whilst you finish these when you are able(I will not beg, I will not beg), I am quite looking forward to reading all of these.

Hi

Date: 2008-04-20 07:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seshat-maat.livejournal.com
I'm normally a lurker, but I absolutely fell in love with your free-Atlantis fics (and your Miko Kusanagi, which prompted a MASSIVE hunt for all the Miko-fic I could find). I love your world-building deeply, especially, rather ironically, your world-building *back on Earth*, with the culture that the former Atlantis folk carve out for themselves. But, yes, I'm looking forward to your WiPs. I also figured I should introduce myself before friending you.

Re: Hi

Date: 2008-08-07 09:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
First off, I'm incredibly sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Secondly, you are perfectly welcome to friend me - it's your F-List - although I appreciate the introduction ^_~

Third, thank you so much for the lovely compliments on "Bridges". Sadly, it's technically the most back-burnered of the bunch since it's officially *not* getting closed at the end of the summer (which is actually a good thing, but means that it likely won't have any additions until at least September).

But rest assured, Miko's little series will, eventually, get back underway. I love playing around with the impact of a traditional Japanese family on the way her life's been turned upside down since Atlantis, and she's just so much fun!

Thanks for reading, and I hope I continue to provide interesting material for thought, even if my prose is occasionally lacking.

Date: 2008-06-15 07:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cupidsbow.livejournal.com
Meet the Novaks, and "Colonel "Sunny" Adams (John Sheppard's Ex-wife)" sounds intriguing. Since you ask. :)

Date: 2008-08-07 09:42 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
Well, the reply is a bit late in coming, but behold! Meet the Novaks is officially finished ^_^

*Bows* Only, you know, a few months behind schedule.

Date: 2008-08-07 12:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cupidsbow.livejournal.com
Yes, I saw! I've just been at work all day and haven't had a chance to read. But it is first on my list. :)

Date: 2008-08-07 08:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
Oh, no worries, just thought I'd comment and mention it since you'd expressed interest in the series ^_^ Sadly, I have a feeling that the "Not!Dead Wives Club" is going to be a bit longer in the making. It's nowhere near the top of my priority lists, although it *is* definitely getting written. At some point. Because the chance to poke around at Gibbs' past is just too good to pass up, even if I am restricting myself to early season 4 canon.

Date: 2008-08-08 09:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pantherrrrea.livejournal.com
man I cannot believe I still haven't asked you to friend me *me the reading obsessed person*

So could you please friend me? Pretty please with cherry on top?

Date: 2008-08-10 09:54 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
Unlike some people, I don't have a "You friend me, I friend you" policy. If you like my work, you're more than welcome to friend me, or simply stop by periodically. All of my fiction and various fandom-related news/thoughts are published without a filter - anyone can read them.

That being said, I don't tend to friend people unless I know them personally - either through prolonged acquaintance online (just about everyone on my F-List I've known online for several years), or having met in real life. My F-List is used almost exclusively for the purpose of filtering private information, as opposed to a personal reading list (I'd never get through the hundred-odd journals with any regularity, and I'm honest about it). So please don't take any offense that I'm not adding you, just take it as an acknowledgment of our current level of acquaintance - we're virtual strangers. Nothing wrong with that - everyone on my F-List was a stranger at one point in time, and I'm more than willing to make new friends - but trust is something earned with time. If you really want to know about my (boring) day-to-day life, then get to know me - comment on posts, let the comments grow into discussions. Find out if I'm worth the time and the effort of developing a friendship.

Otherwise, as I said above, you're always welcome to read the various materials posted publicly to this journal.

Date: 2009-05-19 02:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ladyholder.livejournal.com
Okay... I am posting the requested requests....

(1) Safe Haven
(2)Gone, But Not Forgotten
(3)Scenes From a Tokyo Romance
(4)Dead Wives Club (any chapter. Really)
(5)John's Genes

Please?

~L

Date: 2009-05-19 12:52 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shrewreader.livejournal.com
When do you head off to Aberystwyth?

Date: 2009-05-19 03:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mardahin.livejournal.com
I'm actually taking a year deferment, to make sure it's actually what I want to do before I pour that much cash/loan into a degree that's only good in academic circles (and even then limited w/out a PhD on top). So I'm taking a year to look at my options. I'm East-Coast for the summer (and possibly the year, will depend on if I can find a local job), and thus only about 10 hours North of you. I should totally drive down at some point, say "Hi" in person now that I'm not, you know, dying of academia/moving/etc

to do list

Date: 2009-05-19 02:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] annieglennie.livejournal.com
You go girl, the list of SGA in the works pushes all my fannish buttons. I loved 'gone for a soldier' I am a sap for military outsiders POV of John. Hope to see the Major come to Atlantis and really appreciate our boy. Thank you for your time and talent in writing fan-fic. Annie

Date: 2009-05-20 10:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] neviachiel.livejournal.com
You offered me a drabble/thing for Christmas. I didn't want to say anything when you were dealing with finishing school stuff. Can I add my request to the list?

Date: 2009-05-31 11:18 pm (UTC)
ext_1890: (Default)
From: [identity profile] svmadelyn.livejournal.com
Hi! Please read this: http://community.livejournal.com/boxofmagic/6761.html

We need to hear from you!

Date: 2010-03-11 08:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chosenfire28.livejournal.com
You are signed up for 2 fics at the [livejournal.com profile] jossverse_bb that are scheduled to be posted at the end of this week. You never turned in a final draft and I have tried to get in contact with you through email and PMs. Please get back to me ASAP.

Date: 2011-03-19 03:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lrndng.livejournal.com
Hi I love your Ripples universe and was going to start your Bridges universe but it seems your website is down? Is that part of your hiatus? If so, I understand. And happy hiatus to you ^_^

Date: 2011-04-12 05:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kaylez4ever.livejournal.com
Love your Bridges verse. I adore Outside POV, succession/colony fics and of course McShep. Bridges just hits all my buttons.

June 2014

S M T W T F S
1234567
89101112 1314
15 161718192021
22232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 09:19 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios